Labor and Birth Preparation Classes
Below is a list of available events. Please take a look and see which one works best with your schedule, and learn more about Mercy Birthplace - St. Louis
Labor & Birth Preparation Three-week Series
- Expectant parents will gain confidence and feel better prepared to welcome their baby into the world by attending this program. Learn about common hospital birth practices, pain management options and spend time each week practicing labor support techniques.
Labor & Birth Preparation Express
- This class is offered for expectant parents with busy schedules. Join us on a Saturday or Sunday for a shortened version of our labor and birth preparation class with less time spent practicing labor support techniques.
Labor & Birth Preparation Refresher
- This class is perfect for expectant couples who have attended prenatal classes in the past and are preparing for the birth of another baby. Updates about labor and birth practices and labor support techniques will be presented.
Labor & Birth Preparation Online e-Class
- Perfect alternative for busy couples and moms on pregnancy bed rest. Registration includes eight weeks of access to self-learning modules customized for women giving birth at Mercy.
Natural Birth Preparation Five-week Series
- This class is essential for expectant couples who desire a low intervention birth without the use of epidural anesthesia. Women and their birth partners will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to have a natural birth. Each class includes focused practice time to learn natural pain relief techniques and comfort measures.
Cesarean Birth Preparation
- Expectant couples learn how to prepare and what to expect during a planned cesarean birth and postpartum recovery. A tour of the labor and birth peri-operative unit is included.
Labor & Birth, Newborn Care and Breastfeeding Package Six-week Series
- This program combines our three most popular classes for first-time expectant parents into a convenient six-week series.