Please contact your event organizer for additional information.
SOAR: Stop, Observe, Ask, Respond to Human Trafficking
Monday, September 19, 2016 12:00 PM - 3:30 PM
We thank the University of Texas at El Paso for hosting the Stop. Observe. Ask. Respond (SOAR) Human Trafficking Training and their assistance in promoting this activity to their constituents.
Jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
12:00 PM - 12:50 PM Introduction and Stop (50 min)
12:50 PM - 1:05 PM Break (15 min)
1:05 PM - 1:50 PM Observe (45 min)
1:50 PM - 2:35 PM Ask (45 min)
2:35 PM - 2:50 PM Break (15 min)
2:50 PM - 3:30 PM Respond (40 min)
- Ms. Beth Pfenning, Program Specialist, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office on Trafficking in Persons
- Ms. Angela Girgenti, Health Services Officer, PHS #66204, Assistant Secretary for Health, Office on Women’s Health
- Ms. Sharon Butler, U.S. Department of HHS-Administration for Children and Families, Dallas, Texas/Office of the Regional Administrator
This activity is designed to educate health care and social service professionals on how to identify, treat, and respond appropriately to potential victims of human trafficking. The target audience includes: physicians, pharmacists, registered nurses, dentists, psychologists, social workers, case managers, school counselors, healthcare executives, public health professionals, and health education specialists.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe the types of human trafficking in the United States
- Recognize possible indicators of human trafficking
- Demonstrate how to identify and respond to potential trafficking victims
- Respond appropriately to potential human trafficking in your community
- Share the importance of human trafficking awareness and responsiveness with others in your work environment
REQUIREMENTS FOR CME/CE CREDIT (Right side of screen)
Please read prior to registration to ensure proper selection of appropriate continuing education credit and to review complete accreditation information. Failure to comply with the requirements noted will prohibit you from earning proper credit.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Accommodations options are included within registration. To request Spanish translation, please contact Dr. Eva Moya at 915-747-8493 or email@example.com.