Please contact your event organizer for additional information.
SOAR: Stop, Observe, Ask, Respond to Human Trafficking
Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
We thank the NC Department of Health and Human Services and the NC Human Trafficking Commission for hosting the Stop. Observe. Ask. Respond (SOAR) Human Trafficking Training and their assistance in promoting this activity to their constituents.
Jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
100 - 150 pm EST Introduction and Stop (50 min)
150 - 205 pm EST Break (15 min)
205 - 250 pm EST Observe (45 min)
250 - 335 pm EST Ask (45 min)
335 - 350 pm EST Break (15 min)
350 - 430 pm EST Respond (40 min)
- Ms. Beth Pfenning, Program Specialist, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office on Trafficking in Persons
- Mr. Aaron Polacek, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office on Women's Health
This activity is designed to educate health care and social service professionals on how to identify, treat, and respond appropriately to potential victims of human trafficking. The target audience includes: physicians, pharmacists, registered nurses, dentists, psychologists, social workers, case managers, school counselors, healthcare executives, public health professionals, and health education specialists.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Describe the types of human trafficking in the United States
- Recognize possible indicators of human trafficking
- Demonstrate how to identify and respond to potential trafficking victims
- Respond appropriately to potential human trafficking in your community
- Share the importance of human trafficking awareness and responsiveness with others in your work environment
REQUIREMENTS FOR CME/CE CREDIT (Right side of screen)
Please read prior to registration to ensure proper selection of appropriate continuing education credit and to review complete accreditation information. Failure to comply with the requirements noted will prohibit you from earning proper credit.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs. Accommodations options are included within registration but you may also contact Loretta Davis at 919-855-3959.