Federal Tax Update: Rulings and Cases
Monday, November 27, 2017 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM (EST)
This course is a collection of selected cases, revenue rulings, revenue procedures, regulations, announcements, and letter rulings issued during the past year that are of interest to tax professionals.
Designed for all tax practitioners in public and private practice who need to understand the basics and recent changes in the tax law and procedures.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand significant court cases and rulings effecting tax filing
- Understand the hierarchy of tax authority
- Secure information on how to research new tax developments
- Substantial authority
- Judicial system for tax disputes
- Bankruptcy and discharge of indebtedness
- Business expenses
- Capital gains and losses
- Dependent issues
- Divorce issues
- Employment tax issues
- Gross income
- IRS procedures — miscellaneous
- Itemized deductions
- Learning Objectives
- Be aware of recent events in tax practice.
- Understand the hierarchy of tax authority.
- Reduce mistakes in the preparation of tax returns.
A basic understanding of tax preparation.
No advance preparation required
Level of Knowledge
Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study