Excel Essentials: Wrangling Large Spreadsheets
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (EST)
Large spreadsheets pose special challenges to users, as it's easy to get lost in a sea of worksheets. In this presentation Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA shows you numerous ways to take back Excel so that you can work in large workbooks effectively. Techniques include maximizing what you see on screen, navigating with ease, simplifying printing, and improving workbook performance.
- Use the Custom Views feature in Excel to simplify worksheet management and printing
- Understand how the INDIRECT function simplifies creating summary worksheets
- Create a table of contents for your workbook via the Watch Window feature
Who Should Attend:
- See how to arrange two worksheets from within the same workbook onscreen at the same time.
- Avoid repetitive work by creating a keyboard shortcut for Excel's Freeze Panes feature.
- Use the Group and Ungroup feature to expand or collapse
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu, as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Use the Watch window to easily monitor the ramifications of even minor changes to your workbooks.
- Learn the power and the risks of grouping worksheets.
- Use Excel's Custom Views feature to hide and unhide multiple worksheets with ease.
- Learn tricks to simplify printing information from large workbooks or worksheets.
- Save time when aggregating data from multiple worksheets with Excel's INDIRECT function.
- Learn techniques that let you reduce the file size of bloated Excel workbooks.
Practitioners seeking to improve the efficiency and integrity of large Excel workbooks
No advance preparation required
Level of Knowledge
Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
David H. Ringstrom