Cash Skimming & Larceny
Tuesday, November 7, 2017 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM (EST)
Despite the introduction of alternative payment methods such as debit cards, gift cards, and the emergence of innovative payment channels such as mobile payments, cash is still used by the vast majority of businesses. Unlike other forms of fraud, cash skimming and larceny is relatively easy to commit. Once the perpetrator has the cash in their possession, the chances that the victim will be able to recover the proceeds drops substantially.
This webcast will define the differences between cash larceny and skimming and the steps that companies can take to proactively combat both types of theft. The webcast will include a review of 10 case studies involving cash theft. Each case will include a list of lessons learned that participants can apply to prevent similar losses.
- Recognize the differences between cash larceny and skimming.
- Identify how to quantify the risk of cash theft within your company.
- Gain a detailed understanding of proactive measures to prevent and detect cash theft.
Who Should Attend
- Best practices in cash fraud detection, prevention, and investigation
- How to overcome unique challenges facing small companies
- 10 real world examples of cash larceny and skimming and the lessons learned
CPAs responsible for preventing, detecting and investigating fraud.
No advance preparation required
Level of Knowledge
Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study