Quickbooks Essentials: Data Analysis
Friday, December 1, 2017 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM (EST)
In this webcast Excel and QuickBooks expert David Ringstrom, CPA shows you how to go beyond the inherent constraints of data analysis within QuickBooks. The session will lead off with report enhancements you can make within QuickBooks, and then show how to take your data further in Excel. Techniques discussed include pivot tables, tricks for cleaning up QuickBooks data, and ways to merge QuickBooks reports together.
- Learn how to produce better reports from your QuickBooks data using Excel.
- Eliminate annoyances and frustrations incurred by the default methods of extracting data from QuickBooks.
- Leverage features in Excel to make quick work of analyzing QuickBooks transactions.
Who Should Attend:
- Make minor changes within QuickBooks that can result in manual effort in Excel.
- Avoid retyping data or clunky formulas by way of Excel's Text to Columns command
- Use the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Quickly eliminate unwanted data, such as account numbers, by way of Excel's Text to Columns feature.
- Use look-up functions in Excel to merge data from two or more QuickBooks reports together.
- Use Excel's Pivot Table feature to quickly identify anomalies within QuickBooks data.
- Track customer longevity by creating a report that shows first and last invoice dates by customer.
Practitioners seeking to streamline QuickBooks data analysis
No advance preparation required
Level of Knowledge
Group Internet Based
NASBA Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
David H. Ringstrom