MATLAB: Biomedical Image Processing with MATLAB
Friday, August 23, 2013 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
MATLAB is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization and numerical computation. With MATLAB's image and video processing tools, you can easily acquire, process, and analyze images and video for algorithm development and system design. We will begin the session by showing you how to use MATLAB to import, analyze and visualize medical images and video. We will then step you through series of examples designed to demonstrate how MATLAB can be used in a wide range of medical applications to explore ideas and automate your workflow.
- Quantification of tissue metastasis
- Volume visualization from a brain MRI image stack
- Multimodal image registration: optimizing the alignment of CT and MRI data
- Video analysis and neural network-classification of a fluorescein angiogram
- Measurement of vessel tortuosity