MATLAB: Biomedical Image Processing with MATLAB
Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:15 PM - 6:00 PM
This seminar will be particularly valuable for anyone intending to use MATLAB to acquire, process, and analyze medical images. We will begin by demonstrating how to import, display, analyze and examine images in MATLAB. We will then step you through an example involving the segmentation of an image to extract quantitative information, how to develop and leverage an algorithm for batch processing, explore volume visualization of a brain MRI image stack and multimodal image registration, and demonstrate ways to create applications and share results.
- Technical computing workflow: quantifying tissue metastasis
- Volume visualization from a brain MRI image stack
- Multimodal image registration: optimizing the alignment of CT and MRI data
- Atomic force microscopy example
- Quantifying retinal blood flow