Please contact your event organizer for additional information.
Annual Government Seminar - Newport News
Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM
During this session we will review GASB statements that have been adopted and will be effective in the near future. We will also discuss exposure drafts and other projects.
- Understand the key components of soon to be implemented GASB statements
- Understand the implications for your organization and reporting of soon to be implemented GASB statement
- Understand the projects currently being assessed by GASB and the potential implications for your organization in the future.
Procurement under Uniform Grant Guidance
This course will look at the impact of the changes in procurement on governmental entities. We will discuss each of the five methods of procurement permitted under the Uniform Guidance and describe how the two year delay of the effective date of the procurement section impacts governments.
- Discuss and understand each of the five methods of procurement permitted under the Uniform Guidance to include:
- Small purchase
- Sealed bids
- Competitive proposals
- Noncompetitive proposals
Fraud & Data Analytics
This session will provide an overview of the use and application of data analytics in conducting internal investigations. Using case studies, we will discuss the key types of data analytics commonly used in investigations as well as the application of specialized data analytics techniques used in fraud investigations.
- Explain the basics of the five key principles of fraud risk management
- Identify fraud indicators and build fraud tests into the testing strategy
- Provide practical examples of the use of analytics during investigations
State & Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results
Cherry Bekaert conducted its 6th annual survey to governmental entities in VA, NC, SC, GA and FL asking questions related to workforce and benefits, financial reporting, use of technology, grant reporting and administration, debt structure, budget, and risk assessment and the audit process. During this session we will share and analyze the results highlighting the current state of government entities, likely "next moves" and recommendations for how to successfully and efficiently move into the future.
- Gain insight into the current areas of concern shared by government finance professionals
- Understand current management trends for government finance departments professionals
- Gain an understanding of what finance professionals believe the future holds for government financial management
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Recommended Hours of CPE | 4 hours
Delivery Method | Group Live
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Accounting, Auditing, Specialized
Knowledge and Application, Management Advisory Services