TeamSTEPPS® Master Training Course
The Cornerstone of AHA’s Team Training Program, the Master Training Course is a focused, two-day learning experience with a train-the-trainer approach. Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety (TeamSTEPPS) is an evidence-based set of teamwork tools designed to optimize team function, and ultimately patient outcomes. Participants are equipped with TeamSTEPPS® fundamentals, as well as skills and resources for training and coaching peers on the behaviors needed to achieve positive results. This course is taught by — and produces — Master Trainers.
There are no requirements to attend this course although it is recommended for participants to come with 2-3 team members if feasible.
At the core of the national implementation are 5 regional training centers at (from East to West):
- Northwell Health System in New Hyde Park, New York (Northwell)
- Duke Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina (Duke)
- MetroHealth, Cleveland, Ohio (MetroHealth)
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington (UW)
- University of California, Los Angeles, California (UCLA)
Please visit our website to review all course information or contact TeamTraining@aha.org with questions.